Monday, June 19, 2006

spend a week in Malaysia and realise that RTM and TV7 actually telecast all the world cup matches for free!!!!!!!!!!!!! really money face mediacorp and starhub! I have cancelled my starhub internet account as a protest. I will have nothing to do with starhub hence forth!
In case students have the impression that I wasted my june holdiay just relaxing..... no I did not. I attended 3 days of lessons on gobalisation and 2 days on a new version of GIS. I also finish a book on urban geography (will be posting some insights soon) and did an thorough analysis of the 2005 paper while on vacation!
Anyway just have to give my take on the world cup. Consider the impact of hosting the world cup in Germany. 4.2 million tourists, hundreds of WAGS (especially the english type) , consider the multiplier effect on the economy..... For my students, this is a good example of the economic benefits of tourism.
Rather than just follow what is no the field, consider what is off it as well. Why are the Tago players arguing over payment for playing in the world cup? arh.. where and what is Tago by the way?What about the country that no longer exist (Serbia and Montenegro)? What climatic zone does Germany belongs to?
There is so much geography in the world cup that I think Mediacorp should telecast all the matches for free because it is educational!

And guess which team I support? Clue: Liverpool

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.